Thursday, December 22, 2005

Merry Christmas!

A lot of interesting stuff is going on lately, alas, not nearly enough time to talk and think about it all. Here's an easy subject to pontificate on - "Merry Christmas!"
A historic update: this country was founded by people of Christian heritage. They may have been not very cosmopolitan or politically correct by today's standards, but they were the ones who brought Western civilization to these shores. And since most of them were Christians, they celebrated Christmas (it follows nicely, doesn't it?). To this day, majority of the inhabitants of this land continue with this tradition. Given all this, on what grounds would anyone object to being wished a Merry Christmas?

I'm Jewish. About as secular as they come. I think Hanukah trumps Christmas easy - we have eight (8 !) days of presents and no fat men abusing endangered species or extorting cookies and milk. Yet, it never even occurred to me to get upset because someone wished me a Merry Christmas. That's just insane! Sometimes I'll respond with Happy Hanukah instead, or Happy Kwanza (I'm also trying to find out what the season's greeting used by Druids is. Meanwhile, I took the liberty of coming up with my own Druid greeting - Merry Bush Day. - Just saying that, warms my cockles.)

Anyway, keeping in the spirit of things, God Bless, Happy Hanukah, and Merry Christmas to you all!

And to those who found this offensive - fuck off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anyway, keeping in the spirit of things, God Bless, Happy Hanukah, and Merry Christmas to you all!

And to those who found this offensive - fuck off!

I like your style!